Skyscraper

Thursday, December 02, 2010

D.O.C. Pizza and Mozzarella Bar

295 Drummond St
Carlton, VIC 3053
Ph:93472998


D.O.C Pizza and Mozzarella Bar has been on my radar for a while now. I'm not sure where I first heard about it but I know that I always say I will visit it when I'm in the Lygon area but inevitably forgot. I'm glad that I finally tried it as I will be a returning customer for sure. Unlike some of the other supposed Italian places along Lygon, the pizzas here are stunningly simple and delicious, tasting like the thin crust pizzas that I had in Italy on my holidays recently.


We had the Assortment of Cured Meat Platter to start. A large wooden board help an assortment of prosciuttos, bresaola, salami and ham were accompanied by a beautiful mozzarella. I really liked all the cured meats and the salty meats went perfectly with the creamy mozzarella.


A simple Porcini Mushroom Pizza was elevated with some truffle oil. The crisp base was a highlight, in contrast to some soggy bases of pizzas from other places.


My favourite part of every meal, dessert, was a major highlight. The Goats Cheese Tiramisu sounds strange but was extremely delicious. It was so smooth and creamy and one of the best Tiramisu I've eaten.


The service was simple and relaxed, with the waiters giving their most Italian service, constantly saying "prego". The ambiance was equally relaxed, with convivial diners enjoying their night. I would definitely be returning to sample some of the other pizzas as they all looked extremely delicious.

Here are some other bloggers reviews:
Sarah Cooks
Half Eaten

D.O.C. Pizza and Mozzarella Bar on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

  1. The cocoa powder of the tiramisu appears strangely light in colour. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to DOC in aaaages! I find their pizzas a bit salty but they do some great veg toppings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to bring mum here. She will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo porcini mushrooms and truffle oil, delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanh, the meat platter looks fantastic!! will be trying that! Must locate this place on the map and get there...very quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, I think the lighter coloured stuff is quite normal. Maybe we're both used to using Dutch processed cocoa powder which is much darker in colour.

    Cindy, you can combat the saltiness by having one mouthful of pizza and then one mouthful of tiramisu?

    Penny, just be warned that it's quite loud in the restaurant.

    Allan, totally delish.

    Deb, it's near Brunettis just off Lygon street. Go go go.

    ReplyDelete