Skyscraper

Friday, August 18, 2006

A State Of Delayed Shock

Definition: Shock which appears some time after the trauma.

The McDonald's Drive Thru down the road from me closed a couple of weeks ago and it's just hit me...It's gone forever!

It wasn't as if I used it very often (and if that's the general attitude then that's probably why it closed) but I knew it was there anytime I fancied wandering five minutes down the road to grab something 'terribly bad for you' to eat. I always thought to myself that on one Weekend morning I would get up early enough to nip down the road and get myself a McDonald's breakfast or a Sausage and Egg McMuffin with a Hash Brown and a regular coffee.

I could really go for a Quarter Pounder With Cheese and Large Fries right at this very moment...

...But I guess that ship has sailed! Goodbye McDonald's Drive Thru and I am sorry I didn't make enough of you!

Anyone fancy a Jacket Potato?

1 comment:

  1. I also experienced a 'Delay Shock' in the form that I only just realised this stupid and pointless article existed.

    Oh well. You can never alwaysb be on the ball.

    ReplyDelete