Skyscraper

Monday, July 05, 2010

Six Dishes Six Wines at Indya Bistro - Thursday July 22nd

What: Degustation dinner matching six wines with six of Indya Bistro's signature dishes.

When: 7pm Thursday July 22nd

Where: Indya Bistro
643 Rathdowne Street
North Carlton 3054
Ph: 9347 6387
Email: eat@indyabistro.com.au

Cost: $49 per person

Contact: Contact Indya Bistro via phone or email for more details or tickets.

Chef Wilson Gomes and Sommelier Patrick Walsh will host a dinner at Indya Bistro where they will be matching six wines with six of Indya Bistro's signature dishes. I must say that I've never really thought of having wine with Indian food. The strong spices and chilli tends to make it hard to match. I guess that's why beer tends to be the choice for most people, including myself. I'll be extremely interested to see what flavour profiles can be obtained.

I'll be attending the dinner so I hope to see you there and we can all explore the new art of matching wines to Indian food.

Below is the menu.

Menu

Spinach Paneer Delight with NV Stefano Lubiana Sparkling Brut – Tasmania

Spicy Stir-fried prawns with 2008 Loosen Bros ‘Dr L’ Riesling – Mosel, Germany

Honey Garlic Gobi Florettes with 2009 Pittnauer Blaufrankisch Rose – Burgenland, Austria

Pondicherry Fish curry with 2008 Villa Wolf Gewurztraminer – Pfalz, Germany

Chicken Chettinad with 2009 Hunky Dory ‘The Tangle’ Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris – Marlborough, New Zealand

Marinated Lamb with 2008 Delta Vineyard Pinot Noir – Marlborough, New Zealand

Sides for evening will be Garlic Naan and Pea and Rice Pilaf

6 comments:

  1. I'm going too! See you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agnes, cool I'll see you there. We'll compare notes on wine haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favourite Indian restaurant so I'm sure it'll be great! I lurve their spinach and paneer delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really good and brilliant effort in sourcing out the wines from different regions to match with their food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, I've seen your posts about Indya. Are you coming along to the meal?

    Ling, I hope the food matches the wines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went last night...I had booked after reading your blog. What a great evening! I really enjoyed the food and thought the wine was masterfully matched - no wonder as I learned that the sommelier Patrick Walsh is the sommelier at Langtons.
    I've been to Indya many times (it was a favourite when we lived in the area). In the past I always went for a beer and a curry, but I am glad I got to try this.
    They had sourced a really good range from different regions.
    Hopefully I win all 6 bottles from their Facebook page! If not, I might just have to go back and enjoy it with the vege curry (how can I resist).

    ReplyDelete