Skyscraper

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery - A Sweet Wonderland

The Yarra Valley is such a beautiful place. I love visiting the region for the great wines that it's famous for. There's also many great eateries to visit in the area. While it's a great place for adults, the kids might feel a bit left out. Now there's a new place that is sure to get every kids, and most adults, seal of approval. Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery is a mouthful to pronounce, and you probably won't be able to pronounce it when you've got a massive mouthful of chocolate and ice cream.

As the name suggests, it is a wonderland of chocolate and ice cream. There are so many types of chocolates to try, from chocolate truffles, to chocolates with animals. There are a lot of cool chocolate packaged gifts that will make great presents. I mean who doesn't need a metre long piece of chocolate. You could eat it, but also use it to poke your annoying family member on the other side of the couch. Win, win I say.

The place is definitely geared towards kids with the bright colours and really beautiful eye catching packaging. While I do like the flavoured chocolates and milk chocolates I tried, I tend to prefer dark chocolates, possibly with nuts. I can see how these chocolates will appeal to far more people who are used to eating milk chocolates and like sweeter chocolates. The quality of these milk chocolates are very good.

The ice creamery part of the shop offers a wide selection of tasty ice creams to eat. I loved the peanut brittle ice cream. So addictive.

The cafe serves typical simple cafe types meals like this steak sandwiches. They're good, but you know what I think, skip them and just indulge in desserts muahaha. Ok maybe eat a bit of savoury and then eat 3 desserts.

There are many great desserts, all involving chocolate. The chocolate fondue was huge and already pushed me near the edge. But I soldiered on like a trooper. The chocolate pizza was definitely super duper indulgent and I'd recommend that you have an extremely high tolerance to sweet foods to order this. I couldn't handle more than a very small slice.

The chocolate brownies were good, with a strong chocolate flavour. I'm biased and think my own chocolate brownies are better and recommend you make them. But if you can't be bothered to make them, these brownies from the shop are a good alternative.

I like to end on a nice cold, sweet note. The ice cream sundae was awesome, with so many elements. You may need to drag a few more people along if you want to try everything without succumbing to the serious sickness of "sugar overload". I was definitely affected by sugar overload.

Overall, the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery is a great place to stop family and friends. There are a variety of events always happening such as the hot chocolate festival currently on in August. It's a very relaxing place with lots of surrounding gardens for kids to play in while the adults eat inside. The hardest part is stopping kids, and maybe yourself, from indulging in too much chocolate and sugar and being jumping off the walls.

I attended as a guest of Yarra Valley Chocolaterie.

Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. Oooh that last shot is perfecto! I can't believe I've never been here until the Hot Chocolate event! Lovely place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks soo good! I wanna try out the steak sandwich.Been really busy managing a Chinese Restaurant in Capalaba area and I find it hard to whip something up in the home but this looks fairly easy to prepare and I would love to try this one for the weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much chocolate and gelato! food envy to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two big wine glasses now. We can replicate those epic sundaes at my place and get fat.ter.:P

    ReplyDelete