Skyscraper

Friday, July 13, 2007

Apple Pie

I saw heaps of apples in the fridge so decided to throw together an apple pie. I searched the web for recipes and there were a few variations. I decided on one with butter as I thought that would be the one with the richer filling.

Here is the recipe that I used.

Filling:
6 large apples
30g butter
2 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 lemon juice

Basically I just mixed everything together and cut the apples up into small cubes. Then I lined a tin with some supermarket bought pastry that I had in the fridge and put the apple filling in. Put a pastry top on the pie and poke some holes for the air to escape.

So its not the best looking pie as its a bit lumpy. I put in too much apples. The verdict on the apple pie is that the filling is good, with a thick sauce with the apples. I have learnt that you should peel the apples as I didn't like the baked skins. Also, you should use sour apples as the pie was a bit too sweet since the green apples I used were fairly sweet. Otherwise, this pie took 30 minutes all up to make and tastes quite good. I'm going to try this again but using sour apples with peeled off skin next time for a better result.

No comments:

Post a Comment