Skyscraper

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Raspberry and Macadamia Blondie

I saw these Raspberry and Macadamia Blondies on Iling's Feed Me! I'm Hungry!! blog. Like Iling, I tend to steer clear from desserts made with white chocolate. I just find them way too sweet. However, Iling had wrote that these Blondies were not too sweet at all.

These blondies taste really good. The white chocolate was not too sweet at all. In fact, you can just taste hints of the chocolate. The macadamia nut adds great flavour and the raspberries helps to give it a nice sour touch occasionally. The texture of these blondies is great, very moist, like a dense sponge cake. This blondies were so easy to make. You basically mix everything together. The longest part was trying to place the raspberries on the top neatly. I did a bad job compared to Iling's symmetrical raspberry placement.



Raspberry and Macadamia Blondie

180g white chocolate
125g butter
385g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs
250g plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 punnet of raspberries
100g macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 160 deg C.
Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan and stir until smooth.
Place melted chocolate and butter in a bowl with the sugar, vanilla and eggs.
Sift over flour and baking powder and mix to combine.
Fold in macadamia nuts.

Pour mixture into a 22cm square tin (I used a rectangular sized slice tin) lined with non-stick baking paper.
Lightly stud the top of the mixture with the raspberries.

Bake for 1 hour or so until set.
Remove from oven and set aside.

Serve by either: cutting into small bite sized squares using the raspberries as guide or into bigger slices if serving as a dessert.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Thanh, you did a pretty good job of it and I'm glad you liked it. It is surprisingly not too sweet considering the white chocolate and the amount of sugar in it! (which never ceases to amaze me)

    Re: the raspberries placement. Hehe, I have to admit that they did take a while but then I must also confess that I am a bit anal about presentations =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iling, I was amazed at how much chocolate and sugar went into it and it wasn't that sweet at all. In fact, you can only taste hints of the white chocolate.

    Your raspberry placements were so perfect, almost measured. I tried my best but got impatient so put them on a bit more roughly for the second batch I made.

    ReplyDelete