Skyscraper

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Malaysia Gardens

I must have been to Malaysia Gardens at least 10 times, but never remember to bring a camera. Finally I remembered so I thought I would write it up. I have only ever been here for lunch, Friday work lunches. The only time I came here for dinner, it was fully booked.

Malaysia Gardens is located on the Clayton Railway intersection. It is above the TAB. You walk up a set of metal stairs to get to a rather plain looking restaurant.


I have to admit that my review of the food may not be that thorough, seeing as I've only ever had one main dish here. One time I tried another dish, but then came back to my favourite dish again. That's unlike me as I always want to try new things. However, this one dish is very good and nothing else on the menu really tempts me. I can try most of those things at other restaurants, but I can't get this dish at other places, not as good anyway.

The dish I speak of is the Nasi Lemak. I always get the chicken nasi lemak. The dish has a good chicken curry, fried eggs with sambal, pickled vegetables, peanuts, fried anchovies, fresh cucumber and a bowl of coconut rice. The mixture of flavours and textures works really well.


Service here is definitely more miss than hit. You really have to ask them many times to have anything done. In fact, sometimes we just go up to the front desk personally to get menu, water, or ask them to take orders. But despite that, it is good passable for lunch and I will come back for the nasi lemak.

Overall Rating: 11/20, Nasi Lemak is good and cheap. Service is not good.

Scores: 1-9: Unacceptable, don't bother. 10-11: Just OK,some shortcomings. 12: Fair. 13: Getting there. 14: Recommended. 15: Good. 16: Really good. 17: Truly excellent. 18: An outstanding experience. 19-20: Approaching perfection, Victoria's best.

Malaysia Garden on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment