Skyscraper

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

JJ's Express

84 Koornang Rd
Carnegie VIC 3163
Ph: (03) 9568 3935


J.J Express is a small restaurant that serves both Japanese and Chinese food. They have a counter with many bain-maries that serve pre-cooked Chinese foods such as sweet and sour pork, beef black bean and fried noodles.


They also serve food cooked to order. Items like fired kway teow, noodle soups, Japanese bento boxes and curry laksas are paid for at the counter and then brought to you at your table. The food is generally ok, a bit too salty generally for my liking. I go there to always have the Seafood Curry Laksa, which I think is pretty good. I'm no laksa expert as I rarely eat them, but my work mate tells me this is one of the best as he eats a lot of curry laksas. This laksa is rich with coconut milk, has a slight kick of chilli, noodles still have some bounce and a good mixture of seafood.


Top: Seafood Curry Laksa
Bottom from left: Chicken Laksa, Stir Fried Chicken Cashew, Ma-Po Tofu, Fried Pork with Egg Noodles

J.J Express on Urbanspoon

9 comments:

  1. Their food is pretty decent! I used to do a quick swing by to do takeaway to eat in the car when I had to spend lunch hour travelling. Mmm, haven't tried any of their cooked to order stuff tho. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celeste, I'd recommend the seafood laksa if you do go by next time. It's the best thing on their menu I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Japanese sea food recipes. I wish I can go to that restaurant. The place looks so perfect. I like the photo captured. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe your photos make ordinary Asian take-outs look so good!!! I don't go down that way but if I do, I must pop in then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, go and try it out, it's not bad.

    Ling, thanks. Give it a try if you're ever in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, i rally like your post, its very informative for me, thanx for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I used to do a quick swing by to do takeaway to eat in the car when I had to spend lunch hour travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I can go to that restaurant. I wanna eat Japanese foods. And place looks pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Their curry chicken is delicious....anyone know whats the recipe??

    ReplyDelete