Skyscraper

Friday, June 03, 2011

Mornington Peninsula - Woodman Estate

136 Graydens Road
Moorooduc VIC 3933
Ph: 5978 8455
Website: www.woodmanestate.com


This post is part of my Mornington Peninsula weekend courtesy of Mornington Peninsula Tourism and Q Strategies. Check out the other posts here:
-Heronswood Gardens
-Red Hill Estate and Max's Restaurant
-Peninsula Hot Springs
-The Long Table
-Red Hill Brewery
-Linden Tree Restaurant and Lindenderry Hotel

After a long day of relaxing and eating, I was ready to retreat to my wonderful accommodation at Woodman Estate. Woodman Estate is owned and run by Rick Woodman. Rick had a background in sales and marketing, but was looking for a sea change. He looked at many areas before deciding to settle down in the Mornington Peninsula area and start a retreat. Woodman Estate was started in 1998 and Rick has expanded it in the time since to include the Spa Retreat/Lodges and Chalets. Rick intends Woodman Estate to be a luxury retreat that people can relax at during their stay and be whisked to another world. Look how beautiful the manor is. It's like something from a movie and the interior is decorated to match that classical feel. Rick has also put energy and focus into the restaurant, which he wants patrons to enjoy. Hence the restaurant is open 365 days of the year for breakfast, Thursday to Sunday for lunch and dinner and high tea on Sunday afternoon. Over the Christmas/New Year period, the restaurant is open for dinner every night.



The manor, lodge and chalets all sit around a glorious natural lake. The view is serene, relaxing and beautiful. The chalet that I stayed at had a deck that allowed me to sit outside and soak in the sunshine, breathe clean air, hear ripples of the lake, see ducks swimming around and hear soft sway of the trees. It makes for a good way to spend many hours of the day. Each chalet is well concealed from the neighbouring chalet so you feel like you in your own private area.



Inside the chalet, all the comforts of modern life are at your disposal. There is a wood fired heater that burns to keep the room warm. A little picture window allows you to curl up and read a book. Comfortable couches and chairs are scattered throughout the space so you can lounge wherever you want. There are facilities for making tea, coffee and some alcoholic beverages should you wish. Flat screen TVs in the lounge and bedroom allow you to watch what you want. There is also a complimentary DVD library. The beds are grand, large and extremely comfortable. I was super excited to see the iPod docking digital radio alarm clock, where I docked my iPhone to charge and wake up to my music. Lastly, the massive shower and spa are so good that you'd want to stay in the bathroom the whole time.



The stay in the chalet also includes breakfast, both hot and cold. The selection for breakfast is huge and I'm sure you will find something that tickles your fancy. I went for fruit and yoghurt as starters. The yoghurt was so good, and the fruit so fresh. Freshly blended mixed fruit juice was super sweet. For my hot breakfast, I chose the Baked Eggs with Chorizo. I loved it, with the egg cooked well and the chorizo and vegetables blending well. Visal chose the French Toast. That too was extremely good, with the bread infused with a great cinnamon flavour and drizzled with maple syrup. You will have to excuse my photos of the hot breakfast as I was so eager to eat it that I forget to take photos with my camera, only my iPhone camera. I'm sure you can get an idea of how delicious they were.



I had a very relaxing stay at Woodman Estate. The surroundings and chalet are beautiful and I would definitely recommend them to anyone. I was disappointed that I didn't have enough time to stay longer and try out their famous high tea. I was so envious of the patrons who were having the high tea. Also, Woodman Estate also offer day spas and various treatments, which you can get full details of from their website. If spas are not your thing, you can try tennis, croquet, billiards, rowing, fly fishing or walks around the lake. All in all, Woodman Estate has got all the bases covered to ensure that you have a wonderful stay there and never want to go back to your daily lives again.

We stayed courtesy of Woodman Estate.

3 comments:

  1. oHHHHHH... I LIKE! I like the 'old' wordliness of this place.. makes me feel like it's out of a story book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I-Hua, I really like that old world feel too, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete